Makeup brushes are essential to your collection and the correct ones can greatly improve your makeup application, but which ones do you need? Read on for what Play Academy recommends each stylist should have in their kits to make the cut!
1. Foundation Brush: Use it to smooth liquid or cream foundation for streak-free application.
2. Kabuki Brush: This big brush is perfect for softly applying bronzers and powders, and for evenly distributing product across your face or body.
3. Powder Brush: The long, fluffy bristles evenly diffuse loose powders.
4. Angled Blush Brush: The slanted bristles make it easier to apply products perfectly to your cheekbones.
5. Concealer Brush: Use a small, synthetic brush to pinpoint specific areas that need extra coverage.
1. Eye Shader Brush: An eye shader brush is a flat, stiff brush that’s used for packing color on the lid. You can also use the tip of the brush to smudge color under the lower lash line or to create a defined line in the crease.
2. Stiff Dome Brush: This brush is great for feathering out color to create a smokey eye, or blending out the crease. The bristles are stiff, making it easy to move the eye shadow where you want it.
3. Pencil Brush: This pencil-like brush is perfect for precision shading on the lid, in the crease of the eye, or along the lash line. This brush can also be used for smudging liner along the lash line, or darkening the outer-v for a dramatic look.
4. Soft Dome Brush: This dome shaped brush has very soft bristles that make it ideal for blending out any harsh lines below the brow bone. This brush can also be used for blending out concealer under the eye to help hide dark circles and bags.
5. Bent Liner Brush: Designed specifically for applying gel eyeliner, this brush has a bent head that lays perfectly on the top of the lashes, and glides with ease. The pointed tip helps create a fool proof line that will have even the beginners pulling off a stunning cat eye.
With these makeup brushes in your kit any stylist should be able to up their makeup game!